Get Help

Call the Lung Health Line


Our certified respiratory
educators are ready to take your questions
(M-F 8:30am-4:30pm)

Claim for Compensation

How to make a claim for compensation

A claim to the Workers Compensation Board (WCB) can be requested by yourself, your health-care professional, or your employer by filling up reports (some example forms) that are available from WCB websites of all provinces. Please note, these forms might vary from province to province. To make a claim, please visit the website of the workplace compensation board for your province:

A decision about accepting or denying a claim is made by the claims adjudicator at WCB and is not automatic. It will be more likely to be accepted when specialized medical tests confirm the relationship of asthma worsening with work.